I had the opportunity to host Richard Nazarewicz, the Technical SEO Manager at the Wall Street Journal, at my office to chat SEO. In this two part interview, with about 30 minutes of SEO knowledge in it, we spoke about a ton of SEO topics.
Here is a bulleted list of topics we covered and feel free to watch the interviews below:
- Richard Nazarewicz history in the SEO space dating back to working at Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) where the Alta Vista servers were hosted
- Freelancing and agency work while in Spain and moving to the United States
- Joining the Wall Street Journal as an SEO
- How to approach technical SEO for a paper like the Wall Street Journal
- Typical day of an SEO at the WSJ
- Some big SEO wins at the WSJ
- Using live coverage, the Indexing API and Bing
- The importance of evergreen content
- Algorithm updates impact on the WSJ
- The mindset of everyone being an SEO at the WSJ
- and much more
Here are the two videos:
If you’re a search professional interested in appearing on Barry’s vlog, you can fill out this form on Search Engine Roundtable; he’s currently looking to do interviews in the NY/NJ tri-state area. You can also subscribe to his YouTube channel by clicking here.