Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- “Baidu Windows 10 Express” Deal Makes Baidu The Search Default For Windows In China
Sep 23, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
Deal will see special promotion of Windows when people search for it on Baidu, leading to the Baidu-oriented version. Baidu also to be home page.
- Study: Despite Wikipedia’s Visibility Decline In Google, It Still Shows Up More Often Than Google Properties
Sep 23, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
A new study from Stone Temple Consulting validates previous studies showing Wikipedia’s Google traffic is declining.
- Converting SEO Non-Believers: How To Overcome Objections And Get The Budget
Sep 23, 2015 by Clay Cazier
Columnist Clay Cazier shares his advice for getting buy-in from those who don’t see the value in search engine optimization.
- Keywords Are Back For Google Shopping Campaigns!
Sep 23, 2015 by Daniel Gilbert
Columnist Daniel Gilbert presents a new free script from Brainlabs that will let you manage your Google Shopping campaigns with keywords.
- Mobile Wallets, GPS & Beacons: How To Dominate The “Next Moment” Of Local Search
Sep 23, 2015 by Adam Dorfman
Mobile search is focused on capturing users in the moment they’re searching for you, but what about after that? Columnist Adam Dorfman discusses how location-based technology can keep consumers engaged with your brand.
- Relaunching Your Site? Don’t Even Think About It Without A Solid SEO Game Plan!
Sep 23, 2015 by Stephan Spencer
Relaunching your website can have serious consequences for your search engine optimization if not planned carefully. Luckily, columnist Stephan Spencer has provided a comprehensive guide to ensure a smooth transition.
- Ticket Options To Attend SMX East Next Tuesday — Learn More!
Sep 23, 2015 by Search Engine Land
SMX East kicks off next Tuesday, September 29, in New York City. With 50+ innovative sessions and keynotes, networking activities and presentations from leading providers, you’ll get the search marketing tactics and solutions you need to exceed your goals. SMX East offers flexible pass options to fit your needs, budget and schedule.
- Autumnal Equinox Google Doodle Marks The First Day Of Fall
Sep 23, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Designed by guest artist Kirsten Lepore, the logo uses a collection of autumn vegetables to usher in the fall season.
- Webinar: Global Content Marketing for Enterprise
Sep 22, 2015 by Search Engine Land
Learn how the big guys have mastered content marketing at scale.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook Brings 360-Degree Video To The News Feed
- Wendy’s Challenges BBQ Fans To #CrackTheMasters In Interactive Video Ads For Limited-Time Pulled Pork Offerings
- Facebook Ad Revenues Expected To Grow 42 Percent in 2015, Twitter Growth Estimates Lowered
- Study Finds Both Widespread Programmatic Adoption And Lack Of Understanding How It Works
- Apps Eat Digital Media Time, With Top 3 Capturing 80 Percent
- The Social Media Shiny Object Syndrome
- Ad Blocking: Simply A Symptom Of Advertising’s Lack Of Creativity
- Brandwatch Unveils Social Indices, A Ranking Of Brands’ Social Strength
- Participate in Our Audience Survey & Enter To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
- Facebook Is Expanding Instant Articles & Washington Post Will Publish All Its Stories There
- Instagram Hits 400 Million Monthly Active Users
- Honda Follows Through Online After Debut Of Stunning 2-Minute “Paper” Animated TV Spot
Search News From Around The Web:
- Bing brings some of its magic to help you achieve even more with Office 2016, Bing Search Blog
- Introducing Brotli: a new compression algorithm for the internet, Google Open Source Blog
- 3 Steps for Social & Search Marketing Integration, Search Engine Journal
- The Site Search SNAFU Even The Biggest Sites Make, Get Elastic
SEM / Paid Search
- 3 Things To Know About Adwords Structured Snippets, Search Engine People
- 3 Ways Custom Labels Improve Product Ads ROI, PPC Hero
- 7 Advanced Ways to Turbocharge AdWords for Breakout Performance, Kiss Metrics
- An Introduction To Keyword Match Types In Google AdWords, Koozai
- Making sense of Google Analytics: 10 tips for small businesses, Constant Contact
- Marin Bulk Uploading: a Troubleshooting Guide, 3qDigital
- Maximize Your Google Analytics with These Helpful Add-Ons, Kiss Metrics
- 8 Takeaways from the 2015 SEO Ranking Factors, Search Engine Journal
- Google Glossary: Revenge of Mega-SERP, Moz
- Helping hacked sites with reconsideration requests, Google Webmaster Central Blog
- SEO friendly URLs, Yoast
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.