Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- How Can Link Builders Keep Learning?
Feeling stagnant? Columnist Julie Joyce discusses why it’s so critical for link builders (and SEOs) to always keep learning on the job.
- Custom Columns: Your Data, Your Way
Google launched Custom Columns for AdWords back in December, but many paid search marketers aren’t utilizing them yet. Contributor Laura Collins discusses the benefits of this new feature and explains how to set it up.
- Wikipedia Confirms Google Traffic Is Steadily Dropping
Jimmy Wales, the co-founder of Wikipedia, confirms Google is sending them less and less traffic, calls this a “long-term issue.”
- Google News Adds 7 More Languages, Including Romanian, Lithuanian & Thai
Google says Romanian, Bahasa Indonesia, Bengali, Bulgarian, Latvian, Lithuanian and Thai editions will be released during the next few days.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook Gives Page Admins Quick View Of Reach & Click Stats
- Google Gives Hangouts Its Own Place To Hang
- US E-Commerce Sales Jump 14 Percent, Account For 7.2 Percent Of All Retail
- Return Path Adds Send Time & Subject Line Optimization Tools To Its Email Marketing Platform
- New Wipes Let Parents Smear Baby Poop All Over Unsolicited Child Care Advice
- The Trump Factor: What Your Business Can Learn From Donald Trump’s Wild And Wacky Campaign For President
- Your Online Presence Is Failing: Here Are 4 Reasons Why
- The Generational Content Gap: How Different Age Groups Consume Content
- In Google’s Android-Candy Universe, “M” Is For Marshmallow
Search News From Around The Web:
- Chinese equities open lower in the US, while Baidu continues to gain, South China Morning Post
- Don’t Get Duped by the Wrong SEO Firm, thesempost.com
- Google’s Friday 5pm TGIF Song, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- 6 Good Things About Negative Reviews, Official GetFiveStars Blog
- Google Adds (Or is Testing) Organic Results in Local Finder Knowledge Panel, Mike Blumenthal
- How Many Stars Would You Give the TSA? Review Federal Agencies on Yelp…and Maybe Get a Response, Yelp Official Blog
- Ranked #1 for SEO, How Many Links Does it Take?, ignitevisibility.com
- Answer: Finding things from other cultures, SearchReSearch
- Google Adds Phone Numbers to AutoSuggest, thesempost.com
- New Google Mobile Interface Hides Organic Results, Search Engine Roundtable
- A Mobile SEO Case Study: Next, koozai.com
- Free SEO Tool Alert: How Strong is Your Competition?, BruceClay.com
- Google Says SEOs Telling Clients Not To Go HTTPS Are Wrong & Bad, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: HTTPS Migration Should Take Less Than A Couple Weeks, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Changing Your Company Name Impacts SEO, Renegade Search
- Review of SEO Monitor Tool, State of Digital
- SEO: either a genius or a dietitian, Pedro Dias