Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google’s Aparna Chennapragada Says Web Sites May Show In Now On Tap In Addition To Apps
Google Now On Tap may show links to relevant web pages, not just relevant native Android apps.
- Bing Ads Launches Automated Rules For Managing All Levels Of Your Account
Now available in the web interface, schedule routine tasks and performance checks with automated rules for campaigns, ad groups, keywords and ads.
- 10 Ideas: How To Fix A Damning Business Review
A bad review can hit your business hard, but columnist Chris Silver Smith has 10 ways to turn the negativity around and improve your customer care.
- 5 SEO Problems Plaguing E-Commerce Websites
Columnist Erin Everhart addresses some of the unique challenges facing e-commerce sites when it comes to search engine optimization.
- New Link Tool Crowdsources Your Disavowed Links In DisavowFiles
A crowdsources tool that helps you be more confident when disavowing links pointing to your web site.
- Bing Ads Editor Update Now Available: App Extensions, Paste Special And More
Version 10.8 also includes more options for downloading statistics and setting bids.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Pinterest Makes Major E-Commerce Push With “Buyable Pins”
- SPONSOR MESSAGE: Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers
- Lithium Technologies Will Plug Klout Data Into Its Online Communities
- Another “Market Abuse” Android Complaint Filed Against Google In Europe
- Social Video Chart: Your At-A-Glance Guide To 7 Major Platforms
- Game Of Internet Marketing Thrones: Who Will Sit On The Iron Throne?
- InMobi And Rubicon Project Add Mobile Video Inventory To Native Ad Exchange
- Digital Marketing Integration: The Impact Of Cross-Channel And Content
- 3 Reasons Why It’s Time To Recognize Identity As The New Marketing Discipline
- Survey: 99 Percent Of Consumers Will Share Personal Info For Rewards, But Want Brands To Ask Permission
- One Million Twitter Followers? @Caitlyn_Jenner Clears That Hurdle In A Record 4 Hours
- Google Drops Google+ Promotion From Gmail, Search & Other Google Services
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Expands Its Data Centers In Asia As Millions Come Online For First Time, TechCrunch
- Students make their mark on Bing, Bing Search Blog
- The Penguin Algorithm: An Issue of Ethics, The SEM Post
Local & Maps
- Mind the (g)app for real-time transit information, Google LatLong
- Answer: Why so … young?, SearchReSearch
- Bing Including Foursquare Photos & Tips in Local Knowledge Graph, The SEM Post
- Bing Testing Single Line Sitelinks, The SEM Post
- SoundHound’s new voice search app makes Siri and Cortana look slow, www.theverge.com
SEM / Paid Search
- A Guide to A/B Testing with Google Analytics, blog.crazyegg.com
- How PPC Conferences Recharged My Accounts And My Career, PPC Hero
- Meet the Egyptian Repairman who is currently ranking #1 for “Google” and doesn’t even know!, Medium
- 1001 Lessons I Have Learned from 16 Years of SEO, SEO Theory
- Does Google Associate Unlinked Brand Mentions with Brand Sites for Ranking?, The SEM Post
- Google’s Five Steps To Mobile-Friendly Sites Now In 13 Languages, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Yes, Suspended AdWords Account Can Promote Their Sites With SEO, Search Engine Roundtable
- June 2015 Google Webmaster Report: Google Update, Local Search, App Indexing & Penalties, Search Engine Roundtable
- Mobile Optimization Tips for Digital Marketers, Online Marketing Blog
- Mobile or Responsive: Which Site is Right for You?, SEMrush Blog
- New Tool Provides Advanced, Bulk Search of SEMrush Data, SEMrush Blog
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.