Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Maps Partners With 20th Century Fox To Promote “The Martian” With Guided Tour Of Mars
Sep 15, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Microsoft is giving moviegoers an advanced look at the film, as well as offering new Bing in the Classroom lesson plans focused on space exploration.
- Google’s Gary Illyes: HTTPS May Break Ties Between Two Equal Search Results
Sep 15, 2015 by Matt McGee
In a video hangout Monday with Bruce Clay, Google’s Gary Illyes discussed the HTTPS ranking boost and the latest on the Panda and Penguin filters.
- Amazing Content For Small Businesses: What Does It Really Look Like?
Sep 15, 2015 by Julie Joyce
It’s easy to get discouraged when every example of quality content is produced by professionals paid big bucks by brands. Columnist Julie Joyce urges you not to despair and shines a light on a fantastic piece of small-business-produced content.
- 10 Common Mistakes When Setting Up Audiences In AdWords
Sep 15, 2015 by Rebekah Schelfhout
Building audiences in AdWords. Are you doing it wrong? Columnist Rebekah Schelfhout describes ten common mistakes and explains how to avoid them.
- Super Mario Brothers Turns 30 & Scores A Google Easter Egg
Sep 14, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Search Google for “Super Mario Brothers” and the game’s iconic question-mark brick appears in its knowledge graph card as an interactive image.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Zuckerberg: Facebook Is Close To Testing An Other Than Like Button
- SPONSORED MESSAGE: Get a 360-degree view of marketing effectiveness with Marchex Call Analytics
- Stripe Makes Move To Be The Prime Supplier Of Buy Buttons
- App Ad Spend On Facebook Up Nearly 300 Percent, Cost Per Install Down YoY In Q2
- Marketers Need To Work Smarter, Not Harder
- Repurposing Your Content For New Media
- ONE By AOL Adds Creative To Platform Lineup For Dynamic Ad Optimization Across Screens
- Here’s How Marketers Can Build On Their “Never Active” Subscriber Base
- Study Shows 3X Brand Lifts With 5 Best Practices For Native Mobile Video Ads
- Email Marketing Study: Lodging & Travel Industry Reports Highest Email Open Rate At 56%
Search News From Around The Web:
- Yandex Penalizes Link Sellers In Latest AGS Penalty, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- How to Use Keywords Throughout Your Marketing Strategy, Moz
- Keyword Generation Tools & Tips, Luna Metrics
SEM / Paid Search
- Diminishing Returns in PPC, PPC Hero
- Forwarding numbers arrive in Canada, Inside Adwords
- How can you get more ROI in a multi-screen world?, Google Analytics Blog
- How Segmented Is Too Segmented In PPC Accounts?, PPC Hero
- Keyword Generation Tools & Tips, LunaMetrics
- Search & Online Advertising In The Future, Koozai
- The 7 Deadly Sins of PPC: Wrath, Wordstream
- Tips For Getting The Most From Geographic Reports – Fast, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- What is Pay Per Click Advertising?, Vertical Measures
- 4 Ways Local & Small Businesses Can Instantly Boost Traffic, Search Engine People
- Seriously, Track Your Google My Business Pages, Local SEO Guide
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.