Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- AdWords Changes The Definition Of Conversions For Reporting & Columns
Sep 10, 2015 by Greg Finn
In mid-October, AdWords will be changing the “Conversions” columns and reporting to only include optimized conversion actions.
- Siri Comes To Apple TV & Could Make Search A Natural Part Of Watching
Sep 10, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
A Siri button on the new Apple TV remote lets users pull up weather, sports scores, and search across apps.
- 4 Ways Search Marketers Can Become More Effective Communicators
Sep 10, 2015 by Kristie Colby
You may be great at your job, but are things getting lost in translation between you and the client? Contributor Kristie Colby shares tips for ensuring everyone’s getting their message across.
- How To Apply Neuroscience Principles To Your Landing Pages
Sep 10, 2015 by Mona Elesseily
By understanding how humans’ brains work, explains columnist Mona Elesseily, we can better tailor landing pages to meet prospective customers’ needs.
- NFL Scores A Google Doodle To Kick Off Tonight’s Opening Game
Sep 10, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
The National Football League season starts tonight at 8:30 p.m. ET with the Pittsburgh Steelers taking on the New England Patriots.
- Internet-Wide Retargeting POWERED By Social Psychographics
Sep 10, 2015 by Sponsored Content: aimClear
Once marketers have mastered truly deep psychographic social targeting, it’s time to integrate social PPC into the larger marketing picture by directing precise audiences into tightly filtered retargeting lists to pull them deeper into the conversion funnel. In this edition of Psychographic Targeting Hot House, aimClear Social Account Manager Gretchen Gautreaux illustrates precisely how to […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook Slightly Loosens Grip On Access To Its Live Streaming Video Feature
- Video Ad Report: Majority Of People Who Saw A Super Bowl Ad This Year Watched It Exclusively Online
- Why You Need To Make Video Part Of Your Marketing Automation Strategy
- Google Adds Ad Injector Filter In DoubleClick Bid Manager
- Twitter Is Showing Analytics Highlights In The Notification Tab Of Verified Users
- Why CRM, Marketing Automation and Tag Management Are Foundations Of The Marketing Technology Stack
- CMOs: Are You Paying Attention To Attention?
- The Human Side Of Data: The Opportunities For Marketers
- Gilt Shows How Apps And Online Shopping Are Coming To Apple TV
- Consumers Can’t Tell The Difference Between Sponsored Content And Editorial
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google Showing Organic Search Results Above Local 3-Pack, thesempost.com
- These websites use Google Street View to drop you into far-flung corners of the world, qz.com
- Disavow Unnatural Links and Improve Your Rankings, linkresearchtools.com
- It’s Not Google’s Problem When Quality Sources Don’t Follow Links To You, Search Engine Roundtable
- When Google Started Answering Factual Queries, SEO By The Sea
- Bing Asking Searchers If They’d Recommend Bing to Friends & Colleagues, thesempost.com
- Google Says Your Pages Don’t Need To Be Identical But Rather Equivalent, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEO Toolbox #1: SEO Suites, State of Digital
SEM / Paid Search
- New on Yandex Direct: bid adjustment by age and gender, russiansearchtips.com
- Taste Tests, Bad Marketers and Dynamic Search Ads, semrush.com
- The 4 Stages Of Learning PPC, PPC Hero
- Beyond Keywords: Understanding Semantic Analysis, SuccessWorks
- Case Study: Can You Fake Blog Post Freshness?, Moz
- Disaster avoidance for small website owners, State of Digital