Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- US Paid Search Growing But At Slower Rate, Google Brand CPCs Surge [Report]
Paid search ad spend growth continued to decelerate and clicks rose just 3 percent in Q2, according to Merkle RKG.
- 7 Mobile Landing Page Tips You Can Implement Tomorrow!
So you’ve set up your mobile PPC campaigns, but are these searchers converting? Columnist Mona Elesseily shares her tips for getting the most from your mobile landing pages.
- Most Googled Products On The Planet In One Epic Map
What do people search for most around the world, and how can this help you in your own keyword research? Columnist Larry Kim explains.
- Are Search Engines Responsible For Reputation? Yes, Virginia, They Are. Big Time!
Columnist Chris Silver Smith discusses the legal issues surrounding online defamation, including search engines’ role in helping (or harming) victims.
- Google Patent Search Upgrade Adds Prior Art & Scholar Results
Google makes it easier for users to find patents with the new Patent Search. Mostly because of Google’s efforts behind the PTO’s Patent Quality Initiative.
- Bing Brings Search To The Forefront Of The New Bing Maps Preview
Bing has made several search specific improvements to the Bing Maps Preview, that is currently in beta.
- Google Logo Honors Journalist & Civil Rights Leader Ida B. Wells On Her 153rd Birthday
Wells’ most famous work – “Southern Horrors and Other Writings” and “The Red Record” – helped push forward the anti-lynching crusade.
- Building Natural Links to Your Content — July 21 Webcast
In this Digital Marketing Depot webcast, join experts Cody Cahill, Joe Oliver, Jon Ball and Nicholas Chimonas from Page One Power as they discuss how you can make the most of your link acquisition and content marketing efforts. You’ll learn how to improve your content ranking by identifying and filling content gaps to attract a […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Google Beats Expectations With $17.7 Billion, Mobile Search, YouTube Revs Grow
- Google Wins Against Plaintiffs Who Argued Data Mingling Violated Privacy Rights
- Google And Its Advertisers That Didn’t Prepare For Mobile Face Uphill Struggle [Report]
- Lexus Teams With SNL Writers Paula Pell And James Anderson For Second Season of “Hudson Valley Ballers”
- LOL…WHAT?!? SEOs Have A Field Day With Google’s SEO Job Posting
- Wanted: Session Ideas For Marketing Land’s SocialPro Conference
- Despite #PrimeDayFail Complaints, Amazon Says Prime Day Was Better Than Black Friday & Will Be Back
- Report: Half Top 100 Digital Properties’ Audiences Are Now Mobile-Only
- 3 Ways To Maximize Data And Increase Engagement Across Email Communications
- Responsive Is The McDonald’s Cheeseburger Of Mobile SEO
- Commerce Is Coming: Facebook To Test Shopping Within Pages
- Clif Bar’s Marketing VP Cooks Up Branding Strategy Aimed At Health-Conscious Consumers
- Google’s Emotional Ad About Transgender Transition Airing On ABC During The ESPY Awards
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Announcement: A new version of PowerSearchingWithGoogle.com will open on Monday, July 20, 2015, SearchReSearch
- Why Google believes nothing will be lost in translation, BBC News
- A Small Business Owner’s Guide to Local Search Optimization, Online Marketing Blog
- Google Did Not Refresh Panda Yesterday, Search Engine Roundtable
- SearchMetrics Adds Google Update Overlays To Reports, Search Engine Roundtable
- Twitter Block Web Crawlers via Robots.txt?, Web Marketing School
- Why Are My Competitors Ranking for This and I’m Not?, Renegade Search
SEM / Paid Search