Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Enterprise Social Media Management Software Marketer’s Guide- Updated for 2015
Does your company need social media management software?
- Google Trends Now Tracking YouTube & Google News To Identify Trending Topics In Real-Time
In its biggest expansion since 2012, Google trends rolled out a number of new updates today, including real-time data and a redesigned homepage.
- The Missing Link: 3 Steps For Connecting TV & SEM Performance
Columnist Benjamin Vigneron shares his method for attributing changes in SEM performance over time to multiple internal and external variables.
- Keyword Research For A New Website
A new website gives you the advantage of a clean slate, but it can also make keyword research more challenging. Columnist Matthew Barby discusses his tips for conducting keyword research in the absence of historical website data.
- 3 Incredible Social PPC Hacks For Crazy Engagement & ROI
Awesome at paid search, but struggling with paid social? Check out columnist Larry Kim’s tips for getting the most out of your social PPC initiatives.
- When Google Gets It Wrong: Direct Answers With Debatable, Incorrect & Weird Content
As Google adds more direct answers, top results with questionable – and sometimes completely inappropriate content – continues to grow.
- AdWords Upgraded URLs Deadline: July 1st
If you’re using URL tracking in your accounts, don’t leave the transition to the last moment.
- When Did The Statue Of Liberty Arrive In New York Harbor? Google Logo Marks Its 130th Anniversary
Designed by French sculptor Frederic Auguste Bartholdi, Lady Liberty was packed in 214 crates for its journey from France to the U.S.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Microsoft Announces Leadership Changes: Elop & Penn Out, Myerson To Lead Windows & Devices
- Salesforce Announces Marketing Cloud Updates Coming Later This Year
- 42 Percent Of Programmatic Buyers Still Get Reporting In Spreadsheet Attachments
- LiveIntent Lands $32.5 Million In Funding For Email Advertising Platform
- DoubleClick Adds Cross-Device Measurement Across Web, Native Units, Programmatic Guaranteed
- Why Pay For GUIs Instead Of APIs?
- Rubicon Project Expands Premium Mobile Video Supply With Virool’s InLine Format
- 3 “Hidden” Google Analytics Reports For Retailers
- AdRoll Launches First-Party Data Pool For New Customer Targeting
- SourceKnowledge Introduces Engage, A New Performance-Based Programmatic Video Ad Platform
- Snapchat Starts Selling Sponsored Geofilters; McDonald’s Steps Up First
Search News From Around The Web:
- DuckDuckGo has grown 600% since 2013 due to its privacy-focused search & NSA revelations, 9to5Google
- PPC Hero Interviews Ginny Marvin, PPC Hero
Local & Maps
- A Real-Life Case Study of How Even Google Can’t Fix Their Own Search Result, inbound.org
- Google Bolding Entire Snippet in Search Results, The SEM Post
- Are SEO Results Affected by Meta Descriptions?, digitalthirdcoast.net
- Can you Automate SEO?, Vertical Measures
- Google Search Update? Don’t Think It Is Panda But Maybe…, Search Engine Roundtable
- How To Identify and Avoid Technical SEO Optical Illusions, hmtweb.com
- New Features in OSE’s Spam Score & the Mozscape API, Moz
- The Confusing Google Reconsideration Request Response, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Align Your Entire Company with Your Marketing Strategy, Moz
- Video: How To Optimize Your Social Media Program for Pinterest, RKG Blog