Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Update Their Ranking Algorithms? Some Webmasters Believe So
Oct 22, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
All the signals are pointing to a significant Google update over the past week. Here is what we think is going on.
- Piracy Groups Want Google To Remove The Whole Site After Valid DMCA Filings
Oct 22, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Google writes a letter to the United States Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator opposing whole-site removal over DMCA complaints.
- Facebook Adds Public Posts To Search, More Frequent Updates May Be Coming
Oct 22, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Facebook has announced some incremental search improvements and a new “channel” for its newsroom (Search FYI) that will provide updates on the evolution of search at Facebook. This suggests to me that we’ll be seeing more “search activity” going forward. In a blog post announcing the improvements, Tom Stocky, Facebook’s VP of Search, said that […]
- Apple’s iOS 9: What Are The Implications For Search Marketers?
Oct 22, 2015 by Aaron Strout
Apple’s iOS 9 includes new technologies and features which may have implications for search marketers working on app indexing.
- Shopping Campaign Click And Ad Spend Growth Far Outpaced Text Ads Across Engines In Q3 [Study]
Oct 22, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Merkle RKG’s Q3 Digital Marketing Report finds clicks share from Shopping campaigns on Bing Ads and Google AdWords on the rise.
- Transform Your Searches into Sales — No Tricks, Just Treats
Oct 22, 2015 by Search Engine Land
Just in time for Halloween! Kick-off the holiday shopping season with this October 27 webcast.
- 3 (Simple) Reasons Why E-Commerce Websites Need SEO
Oct 22, 2015 by Trond Lyngbø
Columnist Trond Lyngbø argues that a solid search engine optimization (SEO) strategy is critical to the success of any e-commerce website. Here’s why.
- The Power & Importance Of A Search History Analysis For SEO Recovery
Oct 22, 2015 by Glenn Gabe
When working with a new client who’s experienced a significant traffic loss, it’s easy to jump right into an audit. But columnist Glenn Gabe believes you should dig into the search history of the domain first.
- 5 Questions To Select The Right Structure For Your International Websites
Oct 22, 2015 by Aleyda Solis
You want to launch your business in a new market. What Web configuration should you use to maximize SEO benefit? Columnist Aleyda Solis poses five questions to help you determine which is right for you.
- [Secret Revealed] Unearth Lost Facebook Targeting | Psychographic Hot House
Oct 22, 2015 by Sponsored Content: aimClear
In recent iterations of Facebook’s targeting tool, precise interests and long-tail “keywords” have become more and more elusive, replaced by behaviors (third-party targeting) and categories, which at times can be ambiguous or (WAY) too broad. In this edition of the Psychographic Targeting Hot House, aimClear’s Senior Creative Strategist, Merry Morud, reveals how to dig up […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- 500 Startups At MarTech: 10 Tools You Need For Your Marketing Stack
- A Real-Time Challenge: Facebook Search Now Pulls In All 2 Trillion Posts
- Instagram Launches Boomerang, A Standalone App For 1-Second Looping Video
- Why Every Marketing Department Needs A Data Scientist
- Toys R Us Unboxes “Awwwesome” Toy Story-Style Christmas Ads In October
- What CMOs Need to Know About Google’s AMP Project
- TapInfluence Rewires Its Influencer Network To Boost Existing Content
- What Apple’s iOS 9 Means To Marketers (Hint: Search And UX In Particular)
- MarTech Today: Twitter’s New Native Ads and Tools; AdWords Script & Yahoo’s Mobile Search Algorithm
- Facebook Report: Carousel Ads Grew 55% In Q3, Advertiser Budgets Were Up 16% Over Previous Quarter
- RevJet Launches Its Creative Side Platform So Ads Can Fight For Their Survival
- Facebook Is Testing Topic-Based Feeds
- Twitter Publish: Twitter’s New Tool For Embedding Tweets
- 2015 Video Industry Recap: How It’s Growing, Where Budgets Are Going & Top Adopters By Industry
Search News From Around The Web:
- Yelp On South Park Sparks Hoax Lawsuit, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Displays Live Sports Scores In Wrong Order, Search Engine Roundtable
- 10 SEO Traps to Avoid Google Downranking in 2016, semrush.com
- Google Maps Keyword Stuffing Name In Map Maker Spam, Search Engine Roundtable
- How and why should you integrate social listening with SEO data?, Site Visibility
- Three ranking factors SEOs cannot agree on, Econsultancy
- Webmaster Observation Google Panda Rollout Moving At Recrawl Rate Pace, Search Engine Roundtable
- Will Google Bring Back Google Authorship?, Moz