Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Now Offers A Beta Version Of The Google Search App
Oct 20, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Google is offering a beta version of their Google Search app where you can test experimental features and give feedback to Google early on.
- Google Brings RLSA To AdWords Shopping Ads With Shopping Remarketing Lists
Oct 20, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Tailor bids to past customers and visitors when they search for products on Google.
- Research Reveals What It Takes To Rank In Mobile Search Results
Oct 20, 2015 by Jayson DeMers
Columnist Jayson DeMers summarizes key takeaways from Searchmetrics’ first-ever Mobile Ranking Factors report.
- Maximizing Links From Seasonal Inbound Campaigns
Oct 20, 2015 by Chris Liversidge
With the holiday season looming, assessing the scope for effective SEO link building projects is top of mind for most SEOs. Columnist Chris Liversidge discusses how you can maximize your backlink gain this winter.
- Prove Your Social Marketing Chops and Win a Trip to SocialPro in Las Vegas
Oct 20, 2015 by Search Engine Land
See how you stack up against your peers and win an all-expense-paid trip to Marketing Land’s SocialPro 2015 and your choice of an Apple iPad Mini, an Xbox One or a Sony PlayStation 4.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook Rolls Out Instant Articles To All iPhone Users, Says Android Support Is Coming Soon
- Target Debuts Spooky Interactive 360-Degree Video Ads To Showcase Its Halloween Merchandise
- Recognizing And Coping With Exponential Change In Marketing
- Four Reasons The Mobile Web Will Force Us To Become Better Content Marketers
- Much Ado About Data Onboarding: A Key to Real-Time, People-Based Marketing
- 5 CMOs Reveal How They Are Using Facebook To Elevate Their Brands
- AdStage Labs Launches With Cross-Network Scripts And IFTTT Solutions
- Consumers Buy From Amazon But Want To Buy Directly From Brands
- Location Paradox: Mobile Users Recognize Its Value, But Many Won’t Share It
- Consumer Content: The Breakdown Of Media Silos And Converged Marketing
- MarTech Today: Teradata’s Updated Cloud; B2B & Campaign Management Platforms
- Union Metrics Intros Real-Time Tool To Analyze All Of Twitterdom
- GIFs Are Now Working For All Facebook Pages
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Apple Maps integrates select Amtrak routes, Boston area transit directions, appleinsider.com
- Google Maps making stressful times easier, Google LatLong
- 3 Highly Effective Link Building Tactics for 2015 and Beyond, Duct Tape Marketing
- 3 Major Sites Go Nofollow; Ripple Effect Will Follow, Threadwatch.org
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) Now Nofollowing Links, Search Engine Roundtable
- 5 Practical Examples of Structured Data for Rich Snippets in Search Results, thesempost.com
- Explaining SEO to Non-SEO People, verticalmeasures.com
- Google Says Preferred Domain Setting Not Needed When Redirects Are In Place, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Fetch As Google Partial Notice May Be Ignored When, Search Engine Roundtable
- How & Why Google Rewrites Page Titles in the Search Results, thesempost.com
- How to Maximize SEO Benefit without Editorial Links, semrush.com
- Image SEO: alt tag and title tag optimization, Yoast