Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Home Services Ads Launch In AdWords Express
Limited to the San Francisco Bay Area, the ads are available to a plumbers, locksmiths, house cleaners and handymen.
- Making Your Support Content More SEO Friendly
Does your website have a support section, community forums, Q&A content, or similar? If so, columnist Tom Demers has tips for using this often valuable content to get more search visibility.
- Pros & Cons of Responsive Landing Pages For SEM
Columnist Abraham Nord explores the benefits and disadvantages of one of the more common technical configurations for mobile sites: responsive design.
- Social Profile SEO: Optimizing For Rankings & Search Visibility
Social media marketing is important in and of itself, but columnist Tony Edward reminds us that it can help with search engine optimization (SEO) and online reputation management as well.
- Search In Pics: Google Android Talk, Noogler Wind Spinner & Marshmallows
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the Web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more.
- Google News Editors’ Picks To Get App Links
The Google News Publisher Center added a way for publishers to add links to their apps. This will be used to show apps in the Editors’ Pick section in Google News.
- Google Mobile Has A New App Search Results User Interface
Check out the fancy new look Google is rolling out for app results in the mobile search results interface.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Here’s Where The World’s Largest Media Buyer Spends Its Money
- The Brand’s CMO, Its CFO And An Agency Shill Walk Into A Bar…
- Native Ads: Effective, But Are They Accepted By Consumers?
- Measuring Accessibility In The User Experience (UX) And The Searcher Experience
- The Pros And Cons Of Responsive Design
- Retail Marketing Strategies: Connecting The Dots
- Instagram Moves Beyond The Square & A Few Brands Test The Waters
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google Local Pack Placement Change Causes Steep Decline in Organic Brand CTR, RKG Blog
- Historical imagery density: Part 3 – two hotspots, Google Earth Blog
- A Guide To The Majestic “Site Explorer”, Majestic Blog
- Displaying Rich Snippets in Google Search Results Doesn’t Impact Rankings, thesempost.com
- Google Admits To Bug With Showing Video Snippets In Search Results, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google May Not Give HTTPS Ranking Boost To Content Mismatch Error Pages, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: You Should Probably Remove Spaces From Your URLs, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- How to Get Content into the Hands of Influencers Who Can Help Amplify It – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- The One Metric We All Should Be Using, PPC Hero
- Video: Twitter On Google, HTTPS Ranking, Google News Publisher Apps & Hacking, Search Engine Roundtable