Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Maps Breakthrough: Search And Navigation Without A Connection
Google continues to add features and capabilities that keep its maps that much ahead of the competition. Coming out of I/O yesterday Google made a major announcement: Google Maps search and voice guided, turn-by-turn navigation will be available offline. This is intended for anyone without a data connection or with a weak or inconsistent one. […]
- Structured Data & The SERPs: What Google’s Patents Tell Us About Ranking In Universal Search
Columnist Barbara Starr delves into several Google patents to explore the ways in which the search giant is displaying search results based on structured data and context.
- App Indexing: Why It Matters For The Future Of Search
What is app indexing, and how is it relevant to you? Columnist Neil Patel explains.
- 3 Crazy PPC CRO Hacks To Boost Conversion Rates Right Now
Columnist Larry Kim debunks common misconceptions about best practices for paid search ads, then explains what you should be doing instead to really boost your conversion rates.
- Search In Pics: Google Jersey, YouTube & Google Photo Cupcakes & Project Fi SIM
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook Is Finally Displaying GIFs, But Pages Are Still Shut Out
- Do Video Views Matter? CMOs Weigh In On The Video Marketing Metrics That Count
- U.S. E-commerce Retail Sales Hit $261B In 2013, Annual Census Data Shows
- 5 Research-Based Findings Show Content Marketing Beats Native Advertising
- An Apple Pay Clone, Google’s Android Pay Will Accelerate The Market
- Mobile Emoji App Helps Abused Kids Express Themselves
- Take The Wheel: 5 Ways To Drive Buyer Behavior With User-Generated Content
- Google’s Horowitz: “No, Google Plus Is Not Dead.”
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Now on Tap Means Local Search Now, SIM Partners
- Emoji Characters Still In Google Search Results, Search Engine Roundtable
- How To Stop Hiccups Via Google Answers? Have an Orgasm, Search Engine Roundtable
- 7 Steps to Win at Local SEO, SEMrush Blog
- Google+ Duplicate Pages – How to Delete Them, Site Visibility
- Is Brand a Google Ranking Factor? – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- The (Not-So-Hidden) Costs of Hiring an Amateur for Your SEO Needs, SEMrush Blog
- The Biggest SEO Fails, stateofdigital.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Google AdWords Editor Version 11.1 Released, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Use Google AdWords Labels to Increase Performance & Productivity, The SEM Post
- Video: Google Local Search Bug, iOS Google & Bing App Indexing & Google Now On Tap, Search Engine Roundtable