Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Search Adds Support For App Indexing In Safari On iOS 9
Oct 9, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
By the end of October, searching on Google in Safari on iOS 9 will provide deep links into apps, when appropriate and where publishers have taken action.
- Google Launches New Maps Search Results Interface
Oct 12, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Google has quietly launched a new maps search results interface. What do you think of it?
- Decoding GoogleSpeak
Oct 12, 2015 by Jenny Halasz
There’s often a lot of confusion surrounding quotes made by Google representatives, but there doesn’t have to be. Columnist Jenny Halasz discusses how to effectively analyze and interpret such statements.
- Dana Lookadoo Memorial Scholarship Fund Now Accepting Donations
Oct 12, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
The “Dana’s Fund” scholarship honors the legacy of a respected and gifted digital marketer who was a shining star within the SEO community.
- 5 Observations From Local Search & Marketing Practices That Reveal Opportunities For Improvement
Oct 12, 2015 by Wesley Young
Businesses in the Home and Auto Services category have unique characteristics that define certain local search and marketing practices. Columnist Wesley Young examines these practices and identifies opportunities for improvement for those businesses with similar profiles.
- MarTech Europe Is Next Week — Join Us At The Intersection Of Marketing & Technology
Oct 12, 2015 by Search Engine Land
Marketers need to overcome many challenges when adopting marketing technologies. Getting C-suite buy in, crafting an effective strategy, developing capable people, re-engineering the organisation, securing adequate funding… and the list goes on. MarTech: The Marketing Technology Conference is here to help you overcome those challenges. The presentations, keynotes and roundtables are designed to deliver actionable […]
- Meet A Landy Award Winner: How iProspect Helped LIDS.com Capitalize On March Madness & Win Best Retail Initiative
Oct 12, 2015 by Greg Finn
A search surge spearheaded by iProspect around the NCAA Championships helped drive LIDS.com to a YoY revenue increase.
- Yahoo Small Business Turns Over Local Listings Management To Yext
Oct 10, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Following in the footsteps of MapQuest last year, Yahoo Small Business is outsourcing local listings management to Yext. Late last week Yahoo notified customers of the impending change in email: Yahoo is thrilled to announce that we have partnered with Yext to manage your Local Basic Listing moving forward. Some of the benefits you can […]
- Think Local, Act Mobile — Thursday, October 15 Webcast
Oct 12, 2015 by Search Engine Land
Learn how to combine location, search and behavior targeting to deliver more relevant mobile ads and offers to consumers on the go.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Look Out, Amazon: Facebook Testing Dedicated Shopping Area & “Canvas” Ads For Retailers
- Think Local, Act Mobile – Thursday, October 15 Webcast
- Top 10 YouTube Ads In September: FIFA, Google Take Top 2 Spots, While H&M Debuts At No. 3
- Study: Mobile Apps For Engagement, Mobile Web For Research & Comparisons
- How To Get Your Content Amplified By Influencers
- Salesforce: The Internet Of Things Will Merge Product Experience With Customer Experience
- 5 Ways Just About Anyone Should Be Leveraging Predictive Analytics
- Right To Be Forgotten 2.0: Better Privacy Rules Or Operational Nightmare?
- No, What Facebook Hears On Your Phone Isn’t Triggering Ads
- Southwest Airlines Boasts Of Simple Fee Structure In Fun #Transfarency Campaign
- Online Sales Expected To Increase 6 To 8 Percent This Holiday Season, NRF Says
Search News From Around The Web:
- Answer: What does this sign indicate?, SearchReSearch
- Bing Testing New Style Star Ratings in Search Results, thesempost.com
- Google’s New Video Teaches You How To Google, Gizmodo
- How Google May Use Schema Vocabulary to Reduce Duplicate Content in Search Results, SEO By The Sea
- Google: Single Or Double Quotes Both Work Fine, Search Engine Roundtable
- My Top 7 Items for SEO in 2016, ignitevisibility.com