Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- AdStage Now Supports Google Shopping Campaigns Management
E-commerce marketers can manage AdWords text and product listing ads from the ad management platform.
- How Google Beacons Could Transform Local Business
Columnist Chris Marentis believes that the future of personalized advertising is already upon us thanks to Google’s new, open BLE beacon format, Eddystone.
- HERE Maps Sale Confirmed, German Car Makers Will Continue To License Platform
Consistent with previous reports of a sale of its HERE mapping unit to a consortium of German automakers, Nokia issued a press release earlier confirming the sale. The German group includes AUDI AG, BMW Group and Daimler AG. The purchase price, €2.8 billion ($3.07 billion), was slightly higher than the roughly €2.5 billion ($2.7 billion) […]
- Google Search Analytics Report Data Missing; Google Working On A Fix
If you are missing data in the Google Search Console, you are not alone. Many are seeing Google skip over July 28, 2015 data in Search Analytics.
- Google Hires More SEOs
Google is now hiring contract SEOs through a hiring agency to work on the Google Store.
- The Locals Take On Google’s Home Service Ads
Google is currently beta testing its program to promote local home service providers in search ads, so columnist Andrew Shotland asked some experts in the field for their initial impressions.
- AdWords Adds Bulk Uploads For Shopping Campaigns
Now manage product groups, bids, tracking templates and custom parameters using bulk operations.
- Yahoo Buys Social Commerce Site Polyvore
Yahoo announced this afternoon that it was buying social shopping destination Polyvore. Yahoo said in its release that the acquisition would “strengthen Yahoo’s digital magazines and verticals through the incorporation of community and commerce, and together Yahoo and Polyvore will power native shopping ads that drive traffic and sales to retailers.” There’s also a strong mobile shopping […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- EFF Launches New Do Not Track Standard With Coalition Of Web Companies
- Placed’s New Revenue Tracker Monitors Mobile Ad Impact On In-Store Sales
- For Potent Email Campaigns, Timing Is Everything
- Planning Email For When It’s Seen, Not When It’s Sent
- How To Compel Your Audience To Click: 4 Custom Tools For Vastly Improving Your Sales
- Facebook Lessens News Feed Impact Of “Hide” Button Clicks By Active Hiders
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Historical imagery and zoom, Google Earth Blog
- 5 Link building strategies that simply work, White.net
- Microsoft Bing Rewards Now Includes Bitcoin Contest, NEWSBTC
- Make The Most Of How You Link, internetmarketingninjas.com
- The 5 Types of Content That Attract the Most Backlinks, quicksprout.com
- Google Adds Movie & TV Show Review Ratings to Knowledge Panel, thesempost.com
- Google Displays Both Related Questions & Featured Snippets in Same Search Result, thesempost.com
- How Do We Know What’s In Google’s Algorithm?, Renegade Search
- Organic Traffic Does Not Simply Disappear, White.net
- Amazon SEO Tactics: Because Amazon is A Search Engine Too, SEMrush Blog
- Google Is Getting Tired Of Pushing For Extended Data In The Search Console, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says They Will Ignore Incorrect hreflang Implementation, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Update This Weekend? More Black Hat Focused?, Search Engine Roundtable
- The Google Ventures Billion Dollar SEO Empire, jacobking.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Yahoo Product Listing Ads With Added Filters in Search Results, thesempost.com
- #NoHacked: How to recognise and protect yourself against social engineering, Official Google Webmaster Central Blog
- Stop Ghost Spam in Google Analytics with One Filter, Moz