Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- How to Identify The Impact Of Mobilegeddon & Future Mobile Algorithm Updates
Have you seen a drop in mobile rankings since the search giant rolled out its mobile-friendly algorithm? Columnist Ben Goodsell explains the steps to determine if Mobilegeddon, or another factor, is the cause.
- Bing Ads Account Home Page Gets A Total Refresh
Dashboard now shows top line KPIs and modules for quickly reviewing account performance.
- Search In Pics: Matt Cutts At Google I/O, Google Maps Bus & Android Bush
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more.
- AdWords MCCs Get Cross-Account Campaign Management & Reporting
Update makes reviewing and managing campaigns across accounts possible from manager accounts.
- Paid & Organic Approaches To Dig Deeper With An SEO Keyword That’s Working
You know that a certain keyword is performing really well for you, but you’re only getting so much traffic. Columnist Tom Demers shares tips for wringing more visitors out of a profitable keyword.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- 46 Percent Of Internet Users Are Aware Of New Domain Extensions [Survey]
- Google: YouTube Has Been The Cause Of Declining CPCs This Whole Time
- Google Brings YouTube Brand Lift Measurement To Mobile, Adds Metrics
- Yahoo Opens Up To Third-Party Measurement For Fraud, Viewability
- Google’s European President Brittin Undertakes New Charm Offensive
- This Lacoste Interactive Tennis Match Doubles As An E-commerce Clothing Site
- How To Create A Website’s Nomenclature (Or Labeling System) For Online Findability
- The Cost Of Keeping A Brand Advocate Onboard And Engaged
Search News From Around The Web:
- A changing playing field for women, Official Google Blog
- What Google Names Their Updates Versus What We Call Them, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- Dive in to the heart of the Coral Triangle in Asia, home of the richest coral reefs on Earth, Google LatLong
- Google Street View has an underwater version that lets you explore the world’s seabeds, Quartz
- Google Reveals One Reason for Slow Panda Updates, The SEM Post
- Google: We Make Thousands Of Updates To Our Algorithms Each Year, Search Engine Roundtable
- Micro Study on Retail Category Optimization for SEO, ignitevisibility.com
- More Findings and Analysis From Google’s Phantom 2 Update – AKA "The Quality Update", hmtweb.com
- Should I Use Relative or Absolute URLs? – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Social and SEO: Do They Dance?, SEMrush Blog
SEM / Paid Search
- Build And Sustain Successful PPC Relationships, PPC Hero
- Google advocating AdWords advertising ahead of SEO, m.surefiresearch.com
- Video: Google Panda Refresh, iOS App Indexing & Google Buy Now Button, Search Engine Roundtable