Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Canadian Appeals Court Orders Google To Censor Globally
Ruling comes in same week that France demands that Google institute worldwide censorship.
- VIDEO: WebCertain TV Gets The Scoop On The Search Engine Land Awards
Learn more about “The Landy Awards” – Search Engine Land’s program to celebrate the search marketing industry with awards for SEO, PPC, Local, Retail and mobile search marketing campaigns.
- France Gives Google 15 Days To Apply Right-To-Be-Forgotten To Global Results
EU privacy regulators believe Europe-only application of rule undermines its effectiveness.
- Gauging The Impact Of The AdWords Countdown Customizer
Have you been using the countdown customizer to spice up your search ads? Columnist Matt Umbro shares the results of a case study which suggest that this feature may be worth testing.
- Local SEO Landing Pages 2.0
Local businesses attempting to rank in multiple locations may find themselves running afoul of Google’s guidelines if they aren’t careful. Luckily, columnist Marcus Miller has outlined some tips to keep your local landing pages white hat.
- Search In Pics: Google Search At Xiaomi, Twitter CEO Standing O & Google Paris Fridge
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Cute Kids Tell Bad Dad Jokes In Social Campaign For Appliance & Electronics Brand
- Facebook Tweaks News Feed To Account For Time Spent On Stories
- How The Myth Of Google Censorship Was Busted By The EU & Canada
- FTC Puts Social Media Marketers On Notice With Updated Disclosure Guidelines
- Report: Time With Apps Growing But Number Of Apps Used Is Not
- Borderless E-Commerce: Enter New Markets With Ease
- 3 Simple Methods For Obtaining Email Address Leads, Guaranteed To Work In Any Industry
- Cards Are Fueling In-Stream Ad Growth & Transforming Digital Advertising
- Spotted: Twitter Tests A Richer Location Specific Search Page
- Bloggers Need To Learn To Love Email: Top Tactics And Ideas
- “We’re Looking For Someone Who Really Uses And Loves The Product” & More About Twitter CEO Search
- Twitter Will Increase DM Character Limit From 140 To 10,000
Search News From Around The Web:
- A search engine that doesn’t track your information, video.cnbc.com
Local & Maps
- Google Maps Now Asking Users About Places They Visit, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Many Links Do I Need?, Renegade Search
- Bing Adds Info About Connections to the Search Results, The SEM Post
- A Realistic SEO TimeLine Understanding is Best!, CanuckSEO
- How OnPage.org substitutes Google tools to investigate Search signals, State of Digital
- How SEMrush Can Help You Conduct Content Research, SEMrush Blog
- Hyphen Domains For Apps Don’t Associate In Google Search Console, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why You Need a Digital Marketing Fitness Plan to Succeed at SEO, The SEM Post
SEM / Paid Search
- Video: Google Search Update, Thumbtack Penalty, Yelp Reviews & YouTube 8K, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why We Can’t Do Keyword Research Like It’s 2010 – Whiteboard Friday, Moz