Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- New Microsoft “Three Generations” Campaign Packs Emotional Punch
Microsoft has a long and checkered history when it comes to product advertising. Perhaps you recall the cringeworthy yet bizarrely compelling “Bing Goes the Internet” ad campaign in the early days of the search engine’s existence.
- The Four Stage Link Building Cycle + an Extended Q & A- July 21 Webcast
Are you forgetting the “marketing” in your content marketing?
- Bing Ads Releases Demographics & Reach Data Visualization
Marketers can quickly access stats on searches in the US across multiple verticals.
- What Google’s New Cross-Device Benchmarks Actually Mean For Advertisers
As new research proves, users often switch devices before converting. Contributor and Googler Matt Lawson digs deep into cross-device conversions and what they mean for you.
- Link Building: No Longer About Manipulation
Columnist Andrew Dennis discusses the evolution of link building since its early days and reviews the proper (and improper) way to employ today’s major link building tactics.
- The Case For Niche SEO Specialists
Columnist Jayson DeMers argues that when it comes to SEO execution, hiring a team of experts (rather than a single, well-rounded SEO practitioner) can make all the difference.
- Eiji Tsuburaya Google Logo Celebrates Godzilla Co-Creator On His 114th Birthday
The special effects director is credited with bringing the Japanese live action genre known as “Tokusatsu” to mainstream cinema.
- Bing Adds New Tools, Enhanced Content To Mapping Upgrade
Earlier today Microsoft announced the next version of Bing Maps will offer many new features, enhanced content and multiple design enhancements.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- AdMixt’s Self-Serve Ad Tool Wins Facebook’s “Innovator Of The Year” Award
- Twitter Sets Birthday Balloons As Bait To Reel In More Personal Data
- Is Deep Linking The New Digital Marketing Battleground?
- The Difference Between Content And Content Marketing
- How To Maintain Email Customer Engagement In An Increasingly Mobile Marketplace
- How Social Conversation Can Help You Discover Your Brand’s Next Great Campaign
- Appeals Court Finds Potential For Confusion In Amazon’s Product Search Results
Search News From Around The Web:
- Five reasons people link to your website… and how to make the most of their intentions, Econsultancy
- Videos: How-To use the URL Submitter, Search Explorer and more, Majestic Blog
Local & Maps
- Google Testing New Hotel Finder Interface, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- Complete Guide to the NEW AdWords Certification Test, Wordstream
- How to Find Keywords in SEMrush, SEMrush Blog
- Need Keywords Help? Try These 4 Tools, Small Biz Trends
- Shopping Ads for YouTube: What You Need To Know, Vertical Measures
- The Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts in 2015, PPC Hero
- Flesch reading ease score in Yoast SEO, Yoast
- Free SEO Tool Alert! Single Page Analyzer, BruceClay.com
- Google: Not Worth Changing Your Links From HTTP To HTTPS, Search Engine Roundtable
- Overtime Google Will Remove Extra URL Parameters From Their Index, Search Engine Roundtable
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider Version 4.0, Screaming Frog
- The Meta Referrer Tag: An Advancement for SEO and the Internet, Moz
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.