Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Yahoo’s New Mobile Browser Search Results Are Better Than Its App
More visuals, richer content and quicker access to do things highlight Yahoo’s upgrade to its mobile browser search results page.
- Reduce Cart Abandonment and Increase Revenue with Customer Reviews- July 29 Webcast
Turn more shoppers into buyers by gaining their trust.
- Are Your Summer Hours Showing In Google? New Tool Makes Checking Google My Business Listings Easy
Be sure consumers will see you’re open during summer hours when they search for your business.
- Regional Associations Lend Support To Search Engine Land Awards
Learn more about the local and regional search marketing professional groups to participate in judging and provide support to #TheLandys as promotional partners.
- Bing Sounds Off: Adds Audio To Homepage
With the sound muted by default, the new audio option can be played via a small icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Google’s Future Relies On Quality Control
How will Google adapt to the rise of mobile? Columnist Andy Taylor explores the issues Google is facing and the opportunities it has to stay relevant.
- 7 Key SEO Activities That Can Now Be Automated
Columnist Aleyda Solis shares some of her favorite tools for automating various aspects of search engine optimization.
- Matt Cutts Extends His Unpaid Leave With Google Through 2015
Will Google’s Matt Cutts come back to Google in 2016? Currently he is a Google employee, on leave, not being paid, but does get health benefits.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Mobile Is Converting: Accounts For More Than 30 Percent Of US Ecommerce Transactions In Q2
- Facebook Touts Big Atlas Mobile Attribution Success For Live Nation’s Madonna Tour
- ICANN Proposes Policy Changes To Remove Privacy Protection Around Domain Name Owner Info
- Facebook Testing Lead Ads To Simplify Filling Out Forms On Mobile
- When’s The Best Time To Tweet? For Maximum Clicks, Buffer Says 2 A.M.
- Quick Tips To Grow And Maintain A Healthy Email List
- Is Google’s Mobilegeddon Scaring Website Owners Into Bad Design Decisions?
- Publishers Have Begun Prepping For Facebook’s Instant Articles Launch
- Swrve Launches Predictive Marketing Suite For Mobile Apps
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Tells Moz They Can Earn $2.5 Million In Partnership With Them, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- Bringing the Hudson River to Google Maps, The New Yorker
- Classic Google Maps, No Longer Available, Google Operating System
- Google has already decided who the next president will be, Geek.com
- Google Missing Thumbnails for Some Search Results, The SEM Post
- Google Testing New URL Color in Search Results, The SEM Post
- Yahoo Tries to Hook Search Users Via Java Updates, Wall Street Journal
SEM / Paid Search
- Guidelines for Setting PPC Goals, Metric Theory
- 5 Practical PPC Insights You Can Only Get From Phone Calls, Wordstream
- Better click quality on display ads improves the user and advertiser experience, Adwords Blog
- Getting Started With AdWords Scripts, PPC Hero
- Google AdSense Publisher Were Unable To Login To Their Accounts, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Policy Updates Helped Increase Conversions by 34%, PPC Hero
- How to Rid Your Website of Six Common Google Analytics Headaches, Moz
- Remarketing Lists for Search Ads, Powered by Google Analytics, Adwords Blog
- Google Won’t Say What May Trigger A Manual Action Penalty Review, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Not to Abuse Your Site’s Organic Ranking, Search Engine Journal
- Is Click Through Rate A Ranking Signal?, Blind Five Year Old
- Measuring The Impact Of Mobilegeddon, Koozai
- The 5 Most Common Mistakes with a Site Migration, Renegade Search
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.