Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- The Wayback Machine Gets Grant To Rebuild & Add Keyword Search
Oct 28, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
The Internet Archive’s Wayback Machine will be rebuilding the service from the ground up.
- SEMPO State Of The Industry Report 2015 Results
Oct 28, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Check out the latest data on the search marketing industry from SEMPO.
- FTC Talks Staying Safe With Social Media Endorsements At SocialPro. Just 3 Weeks Away!
Oct 28, 2015 by Search Engine Land
Native advertising. Influencer marketing. Paid endorsements. Nothing is wrong with these tactics on social media and in other marketing channels, as long as you’re staying within the rules of disclosure. Are you? Or are you unclear on those rules? Good news for the confused and uncertain! The US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is speaking at […]
- Google AdWords Turns 15: A Look Back At The Origins Of A $60 Billion Business
Oct 28, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
AdWords launched with 350 advertisers in 2000. Today, more than one million advertisers generate tens of billions in revenue for the company.
- Keyword Research Beyond The Numbers
Oct 28, 2015 by Dan Bagby
For many SEOs, keyword research starts and ends with the Google AdWords Keyword Planner. But columnist Dan Bagby believes we need to go deeper for optimal results.
- How To Get Personal With Your Prospective And Current Customers
Oct 28, 2015 by Sponsored Content: HP Marketing Optimization
The most important component to powerful marketing has always been understanding the wants and needs of your audience, then delivering on them. We’re in an era that’s providing businesses with unprecedented access to information about their customers’ behavior, and it’s also becoming increasingly easy to automate interaction. A key thing to remember is that at […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Report: The Promise Of Big Data Is Recognized But Rarely Realized
- Yandex 3Q 2015 Earnings Report: Revenue Up 18% YoY For The Quarter At $233.1 Million
- Top 5 Tips For Interpreting And Acting On Attribution Reports
- Behaviorally-Triggered Email Marketing: It’s Easier Than You Think
- Startup HyPR Scores $5 Million, Unveils Influencer Search Engine And Readies “Programmatic” Marketplace That Vets Everyone
- Retailers: Give Yourself The Gift Of Mobile Optimization This Holiday Season
- MarTech Today: Google’s RankBrain, Chute’s New Eyes & Amazon Echo Gets Smarter
- Customer Engagement Provider Moxie Software Unveils Its Concierge-Like Service for Online Storefronts
- Twitter Hopes To Sell Moments & Woo More Users With World Series Ads
- Revenue Is Up, But Twitter Is Still Struggling In Slow Growth Mode
- Apple Beats Expectations With $51.5 billion Quarter, 48 Million iPhones Sold
Search News From Around The Web:
- Meet Google’s artificial intelligence chief, Fortune
- What Is GoogleBot’s Favorite Color?, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- Video: Deep Dive on Links and Local Marketing, Local University
- Google: It’s Not Too Late To Clean Up Your Links Before The Next Penguin Update, Search Engine Roundtable
- Search Challenge (10/28/15): Fake or real? How would you know?, SearchReSearch
- Featured Snippet Signals – Which Signals Does Google Use When Displaying a Featured Snippet?, hmtweb.com
- Google Analytics SEO Report Not Set Is Not A Bug, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Has Shown Some Old Messages To New Verified Users, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Find Your Site’s Featured Snippets in Google Search Results, thesempost.com
- SEO for Your E-Commerce Website: 7 Considerations, semrush.com
SEM / Paid Search
- 3 PPC Terrors for Halloween (and How to Avoid Them), Metric Theory
- 5 Fascinating Paid Search Insights from Bing Ads Connect, WordStream
- AdWords Customer Match, PPC Hero
- Click probabilities in the Google SERPs, sistrix.com